Monday, October 4, 2010

My apologies...Let's catch up

Funny how time flies...I am so very sorry for being MIA this last week but so much has been going on. Not, with me specifically but with my family and the people around me so in turn it involves me and I must adjust my schedule, change my plans.

I think the last time I posted was on Monday (dang a whole week, SMH) which is funny because at the end of Q's last post she talked about how I post regularly. I promise to do better.

On Monday of last week I was subbing(Thursday ans Friday also)but I managed to post. Tuesday I was off and used it as a day to run errands, to get as much done around the house as I could because Lord knows I needed to clean my house. So,
I am cleaning my kitchen when my phone started to sing (why, sing? Well, my ringtone for unidentified contacts is B.O.B's Beautiful Girls, weird, right?) I answer the phone and it is the casting representative for Dolphin Tales asking for my oldest son Z to report tomorrow.

Dolphin Tale is inspired by the true story of Winter, a dolphin that was rescued and nursed back to health at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium. In the film Winter will star as herself, a dolphin who loses her tail in a crab trap. She strikes up a relationship with a little boy and eventually he rounds up a bunch of his buddies and together they convince a doctor to make Winter a prosthetic fin replacement so she can swim again. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dolphin-Tale/144172578935123

In September I heard about the casting and thought that I would take the kids and let them tryout for the movie just as something to do, an experience. Well, not only did the kids tryout but I did as well as my mom. I know. So, here I a on the phone with the company and they are only asking for one of the three, great. This cause us to call a family meeting because we need to explain to our other two kids that although they were not chosen they needed to be happy for their sibling. We also explained the need for Z to be sensitive to the feelings of his siblings. All in all, they handle themselves very well, they made us proud.

May you will get a good glimpse of Z in his extra, background, non-speaking starring role. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment