Monday, October 18, 2010

Like You Did When You Were A Kid

I had a great weekend, why? It was a three day weekend and I had an opportunity to go and see my family in Orlando. It was in Orlando, that I had this "like you did when you were a kid" moment. I was visiting with my in-laws and the kids were outside playing on their trampoline, having a what seems to be the best time. I so wanted to go and jump but "should a thirty year old be outside jumping on a trampoline? What if I fell out and broke something? I have to work on Monday. So, I didn't go and jump on the trampoline instead I stayed in the house and participated in the adult conversation.

I thought about the episode of F.R.I.E.N.D.S: The One Where Phoebe Runs.



Later in the show Phoebe explains to Rachel why she runs like that:

Phoebe: That's okay Rachel. I'm not judging you; that's just who you are. Me. I'm more free y'know? I run like I did when I was a kid, cause that's the only way it's fun. Y'know, I mean didn’t you ever run so fast you thought your legs were gonna fall off? Y'know, like when you were like running towards the swings or running away from Satan? (Rachel looks confused) The neighbor's dog.

After spending the rest of my visit wanting to go and jump and having this episodein the back of my mind, I...

JUMPED!!  And I had a great time!  I know that when we return to my sister-in-laws home I will, without a doubt go and jump on their trampoline.

No comments:

Post a Comment