Thursday, September 23, 2010

When I grow up I want to be...

...a mother, a teacher, a social worker, a lawyer, a hair dresser, a doctor, and a ballerina.

I remember the answers to that question like it was yesterday. I was so innocent and filled with dreams of being the epitome of the "Professional Woman". I must say that I have accomplished some of those goals. I am the mother of three beautiful children, I currently work as a substitute teacher, I was a certified social worker for a while, I currently hold a valid cosmetology license in the state of Florida, as well as, a license as a certified nursing assistant and I work part-time as a night janitor( I know not on the list but I do that too). I don't have plans to pursue becoming a doctor, a lawyer, or a ballerina although, I have taken salsa lessons (I actually graduated in July) and I would like to start Tango lessons. (Sidebar: I love pictures and videos so, I know I will post more than my share of them.) Here is a great spot for me to share the graduation dance video:




Okay, back to the topic at hand, I don't know why I have found my place or why I seem to be stuck in the role of professional student ( I have been in school off and one since 1999) and I start nursing in January. At least I think I am starting I am not sure if I really want to. I would like to find a career that I enjoy doing, that I can retire from while I am still young enough to enjoy being retired. I know one thing for sure: time is running out.

Have you found your dream job? Are you currently working in your choice career? Have you changed careers like I change shoes?

No comments:

Post a Comment