Monday, September 27, 2010

Weekend Recap

14 days and counting...

On Saturday I danced at MOSI in Simone Salsa School's Salsa Rueda. It was quite an experience for me. I was so nervous that I didn't get a decent night's sleep and I had no appetite. We performed twice and I can with full confidence say that the second performance was much better than the first. I didn't video the performance but I think some of the other students did so if they upload it to facebook or Youtube I will share it with you all.


SHOES! SHOES! SHOES!
I love shoes. Shoes make the world go 'round! I cleaned out my closet this weekend and I threw out seven pairs of shoes. I wonder how many pairs of shoes does the average woman own? IDK, ten, twenty-five,...Google!

According to Quora.com:

Glamour.com wrote recently about this here: http://www.glamour.com/fashion/b.... Original study was conducted by gocompare.com, who surveyed 3,000 women.

Scary (but unsurprising) summary?

•The average woman will buy 469 pairs of shoes in her lifetime
•She'll spend ~$25,000 overall
•This is ~$53 per pair
•The average woman has about 19 pairs of shoes at any given time
•These 19 pairs include three pairs with heels, six pairs of either flip-flops, sandals, ballet pumps or wedges, three pairs of boots and four pairs of 'foxy-style' shoes for nights out. (Note: "Foxy-style" not to be confused with "foxy-grandpa style," see urbandictionary.com)
•Women also have two pairs of work shoes and another two or so 'random' purchases
•Girls buy their first pair without mom at 14, then seven pairs a year for the rest of their lives
http://www.quora.com/How-many-pairs-of-shoes-does-the-average-woman-own


Well, I beg to differ. I have: 65 pairs of stilettos, 6 pairs of boots, 1 pair of sneakers, 2 pairs of golf shoes, 2 pairs of dance shoes, 4 pairs of wedges, and 3 pairs of sling backs, and 5 pairs of flip flops. A grand total of 88! And just think I threw out seven pairs before this census.


What did you do this weekend?   Did you have a great experience or a few regrets?   Do you have more shoes than the average woman?

No comments:

Post a Comment